Spill Absorbent Pads and Mats vs SpillFix Absorbent
How to use absorbent mats to cleanup your spills.
Here’s what you do:
- Figure out what type of mat you need. There are several types of absorbent mats to choose from: universal, pig, chemical, oil only and a whole bunch more.
- Place the mat(s) on the spill or under the leaking, dripping pipes, machinery or equipment. Leave it down.
- Tick, tock. Tick, tock. Come back later to finish the spill cleanup.
- The fun begins. Somehow pick up and handle the sticky, nasty, soggy, dripping mats as you pull them off the spill area. Make sure to use gloves.
- Place them in a hazardous waste container/bin.
- Reach for some fresh mats or a mop and a bucket to try and clean up the spill residue still on the floor surface.
Feel the hurt felt in the checkbook for the costly disposal of this hazardous waste.
What about when you have to cleanup a 20 gallon or a 200 gallon spill – then what?
- Same steps as above with one or more $100+ boxes of absorbent rolls or mats.
P.S. For spills, drips and leaks under pipes, machinery, equipment or hard to reach areas very carefully place mats underneath the leak or drip.
For a better spill cleanup solution
If using pads or mats does not sound like the best way for you to deal with spills, leaks and drips, don’t worry there is a better way. Consider THE economical and effective solution for every type of industrial and everyday spill cleanup – SPILLFIX Universal Organic Absorbents.
HOW TO USE SPILLFIX FOR SPILLS
- Cover the entire spill with SpillFix starting from the edges to stop spill from spreading.
- IMMEDIATELY start cleanup. Work SpillFix into the spill with a stiff broom or spatula.
- Pickup absorbed spill with dustpan and broom or spatula. Apply some fresh SpillFix to remove any spill residue.
- Dispose in accordance with local state rules. If not fully saturated store for re-use.
Absorbent Capacity: 1lb of SpillFix absorbs 1.4 quarts of liquid spill.
HOW TO USE SPILLFIX BOOM SOCS FOR LEAKS AND DRIP
- Select a SpillFix absorbent booms soc
- Wrap or place SpillFix boom soc around bottom of leaking or dripping pipes, machinery or equipment.
- When Boom Soc is fully saturated remove and replace with another one.
- Discard Boom Soc as non-hazardous waste.
Absorbent Capacity: 5ft Boom = 6 quarts / 10ft Boom = 12 quarts.
SPILLFIX VS PADS AND CLAY
|Certified Food Safe||No||No||Yes|
|Made From Renewable Resources||No||No||Yes|
|Reduces Water Usage||No||No||Yes|
|Non-Drip, Fully Encapsulating||No||No||Yes|
|Secondary Mop & Bucket Cleanup||Required||Required||Not Needed|
SPILLFIX COMPARISON VIDEO
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are absorbent pads made of?
|A.||Absorbent pads are from polypropylene. It is melted and then blown into fibers which are used to form the pads.|
What is an inert absorbent?
|A.||An inert absorbent is an absorbent that does not react with the liquid that is being absorbed.|
Should cardboard be used to absorb spills?
|A.||Cardboard is not the best thing to use to absorb spills as it will become soggy and messy waste to dispose of. Use a natural granular absorbent like SpillFix instead.|
Can paper towels absorb oil?
|A.||Yes paper towels can absorb oil but you will have to use quite a lot of paper towels. It will only work if the spill is very small.|